#sundaysetup: chop-chop greek salad
Here’s your quick list for tomorrow’s #sundaysetup!
This crazy and fun weekend (and for me the week to come) could easily thwart any meal prepping. I’ll save you my detailed excuses but you know those weeks, right? While it might not be a week of meals prepped for my whole family, I’m going to prep something, just something. And it’s going to start with this:
This salad is my week saver, I’ve had it on repeat. Prep the parts, sauté or roast your chicken, shake your dressing, and you have protein and veggie packed lunches for your week. There are so many options with this recipe (my suggestions are below) but add and subtract what you love.
Mix it up.
Keep it all separate.
This dressing pulls it all together and gives it the classic Greek flavor. (Because it has garlic, I only keep if in my fridge for a week.)
I’m making it quick and short today! If you need more ideas, check out the last few weeks here:
Come see us at the Torque Cycling Open House today from noon-4! I’ll have copies of recipes for you, and we can chat about how to set yourself up for a week of success. You won’t want to miss a special give-away at the #sundaysetup table!
I can’t wait to see what you prep tomorrow, even if it’s just 1 thing. If you post a picture of your creations, hashtag it #sundaysetup and we’ll find you. 🙌
- ½ a recipe for White Wine Vinaigrette
- 2 hearts of romaine lettuce or 1 bunch of kale sliced into thin strips (about 6-8 cups)
- ½ can of garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- ½ red pepper diced, ¼ inch cubes
- ½ cup Kalamata olives pitted and sliced in half
- ½ bulb of raw fennel, remove fronds, and sliced. Then chop up the slices into small pieces. (core removed as you get to the end)
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbled
- Toss lettuce or kale with about half of salad dressing or enough to coat the hearty greens. If serving individual salads, I like to layer the ingredients in a jar or bowl.
- When serving as a dish to pass, layer or combine all the ingredients except feta cheese and spread out across the platter in a mound.
- Sprinkle feta cheese on top if you are using and serve.
- 6 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- ¼ tsp salt and 7 cracks of pepper, more to taste
- Measure olive oil, vinegar, oregano, and garlic into a bowl and whisk (or shake in a jar) until well mixed.
- Add salt and pepper and whisk well.
- Dip a piece of lettuce or veggie into dressing to taste and add more salt and pepper as needed.
- Use right away or store in fridge for a week or so.