Team Burgoon Eats Pancakes
Apparently, Team Burgoon eats pancakes, at least after those weekend workouts!
The good news is, no matter what kind of pancakes you want, you pretty much can find a recipe for them. Want a protein or paleo option? Gluten free anyone?
Here are a few eats from our crowd:
1. Protein Banana Pancakes from Tiffany!
If you have eggs, a banana, and protein powder on hand, this might be your breakfast plate by morning. While Tiffany is quick to claim these are not her grandma’s made-from-scratch buttermilk pancakes, 😂 she says they are a great alternative for pancake lovers! Here’s the nutritional information for a small stack, each recipe makes 1 serving!
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- 1 scoop plain/unflavored protein powder isolate (I love Mullins Whey protein powder from a dairy in WI)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder isolate
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of vanilla extract
- Mix together well. I used my little hand mixer - it was great! Use a little butter to grease the pan - cook and enjoy!
2. Vanilla Coconut Pancakes from Meg!
Meg says when she makes these, they rarely last for leftovers. And as is common with most non-white flour recipes these are best the day of, but making extra for the next day is always worth a try! Here’s nutritional information for 1 pancake.
Pancake likers and lovers, don’t discount a mix these days. Here are a couple worth a second glance!
3. Protein Pancake Mix? Lindsey made a protein pancake with sour cream and jam in our breakfast picture round-up a couple of weeks ago.
4. Gluten Free Mix? While my family has a gluten and butter FULL favorite pancake recipe for special occasions (ask Tim for his recipe!😂) we have found this one gluten free mix to be worth it as well since not all of us our gluten friendly.
Pamela’s Gluten Free Pancake and Waffle Mix – great for pancakes or waffles!
Do pancakes play a part in your breakfast line-up? Ever tried them with Christine’s applesauce on top?
Pancake or not, this is one delicious throwback to the younger years you are going to want to try. Applesauce with a side of eggs or as a topping for your oats anybody? The child in me says, yesssss please!
For more breakfast ideas, check out our last post with breakfast links to get your days off to a great start!
~Heather & Team